Haiti Suffers Earthquake; You Can Help Save Lifes; Thousand Believed Dead
Text “Yele” to 501501 and $5 will be charged to your phone bill, From Wyclef Jean’s Foundation, Yele Haiti. – OR – By texting “HAITI” to “90999” a donation of $10 will be made to the Red Cross International Response Fund and charged to your cell phone bill.
STOP – READ- DONATE
If this picture doesn’t move you to help, then you can just skip this post and move on to the meaningless because this is for people who care about people. This is about humanity. Do The Right Thing, it’s so easy!
Haiti, a country riddled with poverty that mothers have to sell their children into servitude in exchange for their kid’s education and well being, was hit last night by a 7.0 earthquake. I found out last night during a PTA meeting because my neighbor Brandi, works for an eye doctor who makes a charity trip to Haiti every year. He and the staff were in the hospital that collapsed, and she was worried about their well being.
Once I got home and turned on the news, I saw the toll that this storm has taken on the island and the people. A hospital collapsed, which mean there’s even less help for those injured. As we speak they stacking bodies on the sides of the road in search of survivors.
Here’s how you can help and it’s so simple:
1) Donate through Wyclef Jean’s foundation, Yele Haiti. Text “Yele” to 501501 and $5 will be charged to your phone bill and given to relief projects through the organization.
2) By texting “HAITI” to “90999” a donation of $10 will be made to the Red Cross and charged to your cell phone bill.
3) Doctors Without Borders is on the ground and has set up clinics to treat injured in Haiti. Donate any amount so they can keep their efforts going.
4) Ben Stiller’s Stillerstrong campaign will be temporarily diverting all donations to support the Haiti relief effort.
5) UNICEF has issued a statement that “Children are always the most vulnerable population in any natural disaster, and UNICEF is there for them.” UNICEF requests donations for relief for children in Haiti via their Haiti Earthquake Fund. You can also call 1-800-4UNICEF.
- rush Limbaugh Says Don’t Give To Haiti; Pat Robertson Says Haitian Had Pact With Devil
- End Times Look Like It May Close For Real: Japan 8.9 Earthquake Plus Tsunami
- When A woman Brings Out The Best In You: Brad Pitt & Swizz Beatz