Sometimes a movie can be popular based on a huge marketing plan but other times a movie can be popular just based on the merit of the actors and director. Such is the case with the new independent movie LUV, starring Common and Michael Rainey Jr. Common came to Dallas on Tuesday night to promote the movie along with his co-star Michael and writer/director Sheldon Candis. LUV was brought to Dallas with the help of Common‘s childhood friend and Dallas Maverick Michael Finley.
LUV stars Common as Vincent, uncle to an impressionable 11 year old boy named Woody, played by Michael Rainey Jr. LUV shows what happens when Woody spends the day with his newly freed uncle Vincent, who’s trying to build a new and honest life for himself and not go back to the street life of Baltimore. Full of great cameos by some of the top actors in Black Hollywood, such as Danny Glover, Charles S. Dutton and Dennis Haysbert, LUV is a coming-of-age story that forces you to decide whether following the footsteps of your hero is better than going down your own path. Check out even more LUV, when you continue…
Check out my review for the film, even MORE pics and my interview with Common here! LUV comes out in theaters today, January 19th.
- Death At A Funeral Premiere Red Carpet: Ciara, Regina Hall, Zoe Saldana
- LOL! Serena Williams Has Common In The Gym; Lisa Raye In A Suit
- Movie Trailer: For Colored Girls Who Considered Suicide When…
- Watch This: Rihanna Dies In New Movie Trailer
- Meet Uncle Charles: An 86 Year Old Barack Obama Supporter & Volunteer