This season of American Idol may not be the highest rated in it’s history but I can’t tell. The formula of Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey on the judges’ panel is proving to be one that’s unpredictable. In a good-for-TV way. During last night’s episode, a contestant by the name of Summer Cunningham and her voice somehow managed to start a conversation that ended with Nicki storming off the set.
Pretty much it boiled down to Nicki feeling like Mariah, Randy and Keith were trying to pigeon hole Summer into a certain kind of genre instead of allowing her the freedom to experiment, like it seemed like she was interested in doing. I could see both sides in this argument of sorts. But, in typical Nicki fashion, she went the extra mile and stormed off, telling Mariah to “shut the f–k up” off camera, in the process. Check it out below:
- Nicki Minaj Praises Mariah; Mariah Kind Of Returns The Favor
- Nicki Minaj Is Not Amused With Mariah Carey At The ‘American Idol’ Press Conference
- [VIDEO] Nicki Attempts To Cuss Mariah Out During American Idol Auditions
- Mariah Carey Casts Vote With Camera In Tow…Yes Diva!
- New Couple Alert? Cassie and Nicki Minaj Holding Hands