Congrats are in order to rapper, A$AP Rocky, whose debut album, Long.Live.A$AP, is currently #1 on the Billboard Hot 200 Albums– moving 139,000 units. Rap music has been in decline when it comes to the charts, and considering A$AP Rocky’s entire album was leaked in December, this is some amazing news. Although I am not A$AP Rocky fan per se, his rise to success is an amazing Cinderfella-internet-success-story that paves the way for non tradition underground artists to gain commercial success through alternative means. From drug dealer to successful rap artist, check out A$AP Rocky’s rise on the charts via Huff Po.
- Michelle Williams Wants Us To Know She’s Not Envious of Beyonce!
- T.V. Show Premiere: Ed Gordon Interviews Steve Harvey This Coming Sunday
- AFI Film Festival 2010; Zoe Saldana & Our Very Own J Kristopher
- Adele’s 21 Set To Go Diamond – Sells $10 Million In US
- Tamar’s Album #1 On Charts; Christmas Album Due October 22nd