I don’t think anyone saw this coming, but actress Kerry Washington is on fire. With her roles as Washington D.C. quicker fixer upper Olivia Pope on ABC‘s Scandal and German talking slave Broomhilda Von Shaft in Django Unchained, I’d say she’s having the best stages of her career. Kerry covers this months edition of Uptown Magazine and talks to them about where she is in her life and how she feels about that.
It’s hard offhand to think of another actress who’s been in this position, and even harder to think of one in a pair of roles that are such whiplash extremes of one another. Washington, who is talented, beautiful, and smart, is still contemplating what it all means for her. “I know a moment like this doesn’t last forever,” she says during a recent interview in New York. Asked if she’s at least enjoying it, there is a long pause. “I think I am,” she says, finally.
As a fan of Scandal and after seeing Django Unchained a few times now, I gotta say she plays both roles excellently. It’s hard to imagine that the same actress is doing it and that’s a sign of true talent. By the way, if you are curious about Django Unchained, check out my review here and see what I have to say about it. Check out some more shots of the lovely Kerry below:
- Kerry Washington Covers Parade Mag & Talks Scandal Success
- Jaime Foxx New Look Inspired By New Film; Watch Django Unchained Trailer
- Django Unchained 2?? Kerry Washington Says She Wants To See It!!
- Almost Friday Funnies: Kerry Washington & Jamie Foxx Sing ‘All Gold Everything’
- [VIDEO] ‘Scandal’ Wins TV Guide Fan Favorite Drama Award; Kerry Washington Wins Favorite Actress