Clearly, Jermaine Jackson has too much time on his hands. And needs something to do with his life. Because left to his own devices…something like THIS happens. According to The Huffington Post, Jermaine is petitioning the court to legally change his last name from Jackson to Jacksun. Yes, I’m serious.
The older brother of Michael Jackson filed a name change petition on Tuesday in Los Angeles, stating the switch was for “artistic reasons.”
The filing doesn’t elaborate, but Jackson’s friend Steve Dennis, who was speaking on the singer’s behalf, said it’s not unheard of for artists to change their names. “Phonetically, it changes nothing,” he said.
“It is something he has chosen to do, and it’s fair to say that you cannot blame this one on the boogie, you’ve got to blame it on the sunshine,” Dennis said, in a play on the Jackson 5 disco hit, “Blame it on the Boogie.”
- Is Jermain Jackson Pretending To Be Broke…
- Katherine Jackson 79 Years Old, Taking Care Of 8 Kids
- Janet Jackson & Jermaine Dupri: It’s Over!
- Michael Jackson Memorial Live July 7th, 2009; Paris Katherine, Janet Jackson, Prince Michael
- Does Michael Jackson Have A Secret Son; Michael Jackson Has A Biological Son