Rihanna is still making history as her seventh studio album, Unapologetic, debuts at the #1 spot in the US. This is the first time in the singer’s career, that her album has taken the top spot in it’s opening week. Rihanna, selling 238,949 units, takes the lead from Taylor Swift which is certainly a feat within itself.
Wait!!!!! What the F!!!! #UNAPOLOGETIC just debuted at #1 in AMERICA!!!!! My first number 1 album there!!! Thank you Navy, u deserve it. I’m legit crying like a %ussy right now!!
Keyshia Cole comes in at #10 with Woman to Woman, not bad at all. Nicki Minaj who re-released Pink Friday: Roman Re-Loaded Re-Up, enters the charts at the #28 spot, selling 34, 501 units. Ninki Minaj attributes her low sales to Target and Wal-mart:
It is hard to get the album because the stores basically said that the last few re-releases they had put out did not do well and they didn’t want to take a chance. Target and Walmart is not selling the album. Target is actually my biggest retailer — they’ve always been my biggest retailer. They’ve sold the most Nicki Minaj albums ever, so, thank you, Target. But I wish you could’ve sold this one.
So it’s very difficult and it kind of sets you up to fail….But it is what it is, and I appreciate the support, and I’m excited about the music.
Meanwhile a sick Rihanna is feeling much better, and ready to celebrate…
- Nicki Minaj Album Sells 371,049 Copies; More Amazing Kanye West Moves 518,775 Units
- Nicki Minaj Second Week Sales Falls To #3; Lionel Richie & Adele Take Top Spots
- Chris Brown Fortune Album Is #1; Sells 134,290 Units
- Nick Minaj Sells 251K Units Of Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded; Takes #1 Spot
- Rihanna Album Debuts At No. 4 On The Charts, 181,000 Units Sold