Earlier this year around June rumors started to emerge that happy couple Kimora Lee Simmons and Djimon Hounsou were separated. At the time, representatives for both commented that the rumors were untrue and that Djimon was working on a film, thus his relocation elsewhere. But this past Wednesday a representative for Djimon confirmed that the couple has been split for some time and last night Kimora took to Twitter to speak on it.
There have been quite a few hurtful rumors circulating. The truth is Djimon+I have been separated for some time. We have remained happy, loving, co-parenting friends+family. We all have much to be thankful for.#HappyThanksgiving
While Kimora and Djimon were never married, they did have a commitment ceremony back in 2008. About a year later, they had a son named Kenzo together, with Kimora already having daughters Ming Lee and Aoki Lee from her marriage with Russell Simmons. When a fan on Twitter commented about how something like this can cause people to not see the value in marriage, Kimora commented that this only shows how she is no different that anyone else and we all just try to do the best we can. Great words to remember.
- Kimora & Djimon Already Married?; Kimora Lee Is Ready For Baby Number 4
- Kimora Lee Simmons And Djimon Hounsou Have Supposedly SPLIT!!
- Kimora Lee Simmons Is In Labor! It’s A Boy! His Name Is Kenzo!
- Kimora Lee & Djimon New Blended Family
- Inception Premiere: Kimora Lee Simmons, Djimon Hounsou And Chris Bosh Attend