Hurricane Sandy has been damaging the East Coast starting Monday in an overwhelming way. MSN News is reporting that so far 17 people in seven states have been killed so far. New York has been receiving a lot of damage, as they’ve shut down their transit system and subways in advance. All over Twitter East Coast residents, including celebrities, tweeted pictures of damage. Ranging from anything to down trees to entire building fronts being ripped off, Hurricane Sandy is proving to be a force that will affect us all for years to come.
In an effort to get assistance to those in need, President Barack Obama has declared disaster areas in the hard hit state of New York. By declaring those areas disaster, this allows the government to assistance with clean up and aid. One thing that may be worth pointing out is Republican Presidential candidate Mitt Romney has previously said that he would cut funding to FEMA, the government organization who assist when disaster areas are declared. Our prayers go out to all readers, friends and family that are in the area. Let’s hope this is over soon so we can all beginning helping each other and recovery efforts can start.
- Tracy Morgan Calls President Obama A Gangbanger & Suggests Tattoos
- Random Celebrity Tweets: Stacey Dash Backs Mitt Romney & Pilar Sanders Child Support Woes
- It’s A Shade Tsunami!! Vivica Fox Goes IN On Stacey Dash & Her Romney Endorsement
- Mitt Romney & The NYDailyNews Online Needs Lessons In Chillology
- Nickelodeon: Kids Pick The President Winner Is President Obama