Talk about someone with a boatload of gall and audacity. Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman has plans to sue NBC for editing 911 tapes, The New York Post is reporting.
NBC launched an internal probe after producers misleadingly edited the 911 call placed by Zimmerman just before he shot the unarmed Florida teenager. The edit made it appear that Zimmerman had immediately told police that Martin was black, when the full tape reveals the neighborhood watch captain only did so when responding to a question posed by a dispatcher.
Combined sections from two different parts of the tape gave the false impression that Zimmerman had said: “This guy looks like he’s up to no good or on drugs or something. He’s got his hand in his waistband. And he’s a black male.”
If I’m not mistaken, networks often edit the 911 tapes. And while George Zimmerman may not have offered up the “black male” reference out of the blue, it still doesn’t change the end result of the tragic evening. With the trial starting soon, I’m sure there will be more hot mess stories coming from the Zimmerman camp. What do you think? Is this a good move or bad?
- George Zimmerman Skinny In New Mug-Shot…
- So If Someone Kills Goerge Zimmerman Would That Be Self-Defense, Too? Justice For Trayvon Martin…
- PICS: George Zimmerman’s Bloody Head; Plus Bond Set At $150,000
- Spike Lee Apologises For Tweeting Wrong Zimmerman Address
- Trayvon Martin Update: His Last Phone Call To Teenage Girl; Grand Jury Set For April 10th