I guess at this point, with only a handful of movie roles under her belt, we can still think of Beyoncé as a “budding actress”. But according to E! Entertainment News, Beyoncé has pulled out of what would have been her most high profile movie role to-date: the lead actress of Clint Eastwood‘s remake of A Star Is Born.
“I was looking forward to the production of A Star Is Born and the opportunity to work with Clint Eastwood,” the Grammy winner said in a statement to E! News. “For months we tried to coordinate our schedules to bring this remake to life but it was just not possible. Hopefully in the future we will get a chance to work together.”
Word on the street is that Bey‘s departure could be in part to Clint‘s political stance. As an avid Republican and after the whole failed “chair” rant Clint did during the Republican Convention, Team Obama member Beyoncé wasn’t feeling working with him. The movie didn’t officially have a lead actor so now it seems to be in need of both lead roles. Doesn’t sound good for Clint Eastwood at this point. I’m sure there are more people clamoring for this role though. Who do you think would be a good fit for the lead?
- Will Smith Set To Make Katrina Movie & Natauri Gets A New Role
- Will Smith To ReMake ‘Annie’ Starring Willow Smith
- Rihanna Lands Another Movie Role
- Let’s Discuss: Kem Will ‘Sparkle’ + Are Movie Remakes Ingenious Or Irritating?
- Is It Too Soon To Call Michael Steele An Uncle Tom; David Duke Calls Steele, “Black Racist” & “Obama Junior”