You can always count on a book to lead to some spilling of tea. This is the case with Wyclef Jean and his new book Purpose: An Immigrant’s Story, which was published today. According to The New York Post, Purpose takes an in-depth look at Wyclef‘s relationship with Pras and Lauryn Hill and talks about the rise and fall of their group The Fugees. On that same token, Wyclef points to the paternity of Lauryn‘s first son a major reason to why the group fell apart:
“In that moment something died between us. I was married and Lauryn and I were having an affair, but she led me to believe that the baby was mine, and I couldn’t forgive that,” Jean writes in “Purpose,” at which The Post got a first look yesterday.
The Haitian-born Jean says the betrayal by Hill led to the band’s 1997 breakup.
“She could not longer be my muse,” he wrote. “Our love spell was broken.”
OK. Wait. Soooooo because she lied about the identity of her son’s father, the love spell was broken? And that lead to the band’s break-up? Not the fact that you were married and that puts a time limit on undercover relationships such as these? Really Wyclef?? Oh. OK. I’ll just be over here…not believing you. SMH
- Lauryn Hill Isn’t EVER Gonna Get Out Of Jail!! Facing MORE Tax Evasion Charges!!
- Lauryn Hill From Afro To Straight: Peforms At Harmony Festival; She’s Back!!!
- Lauryn Hill Is That Really You; Lauryn Hill & Children
- Lauryn Hill Performs In Atlanta Again
- “Lauryn Hill Is Straight Up The Problem” – No Fugee Reunion