I really can’t explain it in a way that makes sense but it seems that Lil Wayne has made both rap history AND rock and roll history. He’s surpassed a record previously held by Elvis Presley for leading male with the most entries on Billboard’s Hot 100 chart. Today also happens to be Lil Wayne‘s 30th birthday. That’s a heck of a triumph on a milestone birthday.
Lil Wayne now has 109 songs on that chart with Thursday’s debut of Game’s song “Celebration,” where he is a guest alongside Chris Brown, Tyga and Wiz Khalifa. Of his 109 charted songs, only 42 are led by Lil Wayne; 67 are songs where he is the featured act.
Elvis held the record at 108, being on the Hot 100 chart since it was created in 1958. Elvis had already had a substantial career before the chart was created so not all of his music could be counted on there. But I’m surprised that that number hasn’t been broken previously before by another artist. Especially Michael Jackson. This is the type of thing I’d put on my resume if I were Wayne.
- VIDEO: Chris Brown “Dueces” Moving Up The Charts
- Chris Brown ‘Look At Me Now’ Debuts At #11 On Hot 100
- Chris Brown Celebrates Birdman Birthday With Lil Wayne & Tyga
- Chris Brown ‘Look At Me Now’ Video Ft. Busta Rhymes & Lil Wayne
- Rihanna & Chris Brown Reunited – Birthday Cake Remix; Plus Turn Up The Music