This is one of those stories that really define irony in the strongest sense. According to The Sun, aspiring rapper Ervin McKinness of Ontario was killed in a car crash with 4 other friends late Sunday night. Ironically, his final tweet contained the word YOLO, which stands for “you only live once” (thanks Drake). His final two tweets read:
Drunk (expletive) going 120 drifting corners
Driving tweeting sipping the cup (expletive) yolo I’m turning it up.
The final tweet was sent out at 1:20 AM and less than an hour later, the 5 young men were dead.
Marquell Bogan, 23, and Dylan George, 20, both of Ontario; Jonathan Watson, 21, of San Bernardino, and JaJuan Bennett, 23, of Rancho Cucamonga also were killed when their a 2005 Nissan Sentra traveling southbound on Haven ran a red light, lost control and slammed into a wall.
*sigh* Prayers go out to all of the victims’ families. Gotta make sure we don’t mistake the YOLO mentality with dangerous acts!
- No Mo’ YOLO: Drake Demands A Cut For All YOLO Merchandise
- Remember The Kid From “Jerry Maguire”? Check Him Out Now…
- Spike Lee Apologises For Tweeting Wrong Zimmerman Address
- Text Messages May Lead To Celebrity Violence: Actress Jennifer Freeman Attacks NBA Husband, Earl Watson
- George Zimmerman Skinny In New Mug-Shot…