You know, I would have to say that I’m not a real fan of Lauryn Hill. I mean, I like her. She was GREAT when she was in The Fugees with Pras and Wyclef Jean. Her solo album was OK. But…that’s pretty much where I bail out on the Lauryn bandwagon. I know a lot of people have been hoping to hear more from her but it seems like she was too busy making babies with Rohan Marley to really care. Well, a few months ago Lauryn Hill was called out by the IRS for tax evasion. Her defense (if you could call it that) was basically that she didn’t pay taxes in 2005 to 2007 because paying taxes is a trap by “The Man” and a part of a society lifestyle that she doesn’t live by.
It didn’t take long for THAT judge to slam down the gavel and find her guilty. Well, another tax evasion issue has come to light for Lauryn, which could mean that when she goes to court, she could be looking at a lot of jail time…
According to TMZ, the state of New Jersey says Lauryn has failed to pay about $44,000 in state taxes. So far, she’s looking at 3 years in prison for the federal charges but if the state decides to pursue a case, that could go up even more. Better start stacking those coins, Lauryn!!
- I Found Lauryn Hill & She Looks Good At The Tanzania Education Trust Gala
- Lauryn Hill From Afro To Straight: Peforms At Harmony Festival; She’s Back!!!
- Lauryn Hill Is That Really You; Lauryn Hill & Children
- PHOTOS: Lauryn Hill In Concert; Plus New Comer Rita Orta
- Lauryn Hill Pregnant Again, Antonia ‘Toya’ Carter Getting Married Again