This could possibly be most epic or most hilarious, but I’m interested, either way. According to Variety, Samuel L Jackson is in talks to star in the gospel musical Black Nativity, a remake based on a Langston Hughes‘ written Broadway gospel play. Also in talks to star with him are Angela Bassett and Jennifer Hudson.
Black Nativity is about a young black teen from Baltimore who is sent to Harlem by his mother to spend Christmas with the grandparents he’s never met. Through his grandfather’s Christmas Eve sermon and a stylized, dream-sequence retelling of the classic Nativity story, he learns about the importance of faith and family. Samuel L Jackson has had a busy year thus far, with The Avengers making loads of money and starring in indie films Meeting Evil and The Samaritan (both of which I’ve seen and enjoyed) and is currently filiming Quentin Tarantino‘s Django Unchained so I hope he can fit this in. I mean, who WOULDN’T want to see Samuel L Jackson angrily sing his way through a movie? LOL Check out the trailer for Sam’s upcoming film Django Unchained, when you continue…
- Samuel L. Jackson Says Gun Control Policies & Movies Are Not To Blame For Shootings
- Jaime Foxx New Look Inspired By New Film; Watch Django Unchained Trailer
- Kerry Washington Covers Uptown Magazine
- Friday Funnies: Samuel L. Jackson Got Money, Muthasucka! + His Best Scenes
- Jaime Foxx Calls Spike Lee “Shady” For Django Remarks