When I think of actors who should be in the running to play civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr, singer Ne-Yo is on the list of “Wait, you’re an actor?” I mean, I saw Red Tails and he did OK. Nothing amazing but he didn’t suck. So that’s a victory of sorts. But The Huffington Post (UK) reports that Ne-Yo was approached to play MLK in a movie and turned it down because he didn’t want to gain the additional 30 pounds the role called for.
He tells Britain’s Sunday Mirror, “I definitely want to do more acting but it’s got to make sense with the music. I recently had to turn down an amazing opportunity to be in a movie playing Martin Luther King.
Apparently Ne-Yo was preparing for his new album release, R.E.D., and didn’t want to gain the weight during his promotional time. But I’m thinking if he really wanted to do it, he could. Since his album releases on September 18th. Speaking of that date, I’m predicting that he’s gonna have a hard time with that release date. The competition is gonna be brutal:
Pink‘s new album, Nelly Furtado‘s new album and the 25th Anniversary release of Michael Jackson‘s Bad ALL releases on that date. Good luck, dude!
- Fantasia Is Not Pregnant; Explains Weight Gain
- Yay Or Nay: Forest Whitaker In Talks To Play Martin Luther King Jr
- BFFs Kim Kardashian & Ciara On A Lunch Date; Plus Kerry Washington In Philly
- In Case You Missed It: Murphy Lee May Need A Civil Rights Refresher Course
- Activist Cornel West & Singer Raheem DeVaughn Are Cell Buddies