Chris Brown adds another number one album under his belt according to Hits Daily Double. Although sales aren’t that high, it’s a great showing for 2012 considering overall sales are low. To put it in perspective, Justin Bieber has the highest opening of 2012 selling 374,000 units. Week three Justin Bieber’s sales has fallen to 69,000 units. Nicki Minaj topped the charts with 251,000 units her opening week, which is actually pretty high for 2012.
Chris Brown also takes the top spot in the UK, knocking Maroon 5 down to second place. I haven’t heard the whole album yet, but I hear it’s pretty good if you’re into techno. Critics on the other hand aren’t really feeling the album. Reviews are mixed by mixed I mean mostly negative. I knew as soon as I heard Deuces that F.A.M.E. was going to be a hit. I haven’t heard a song from Fortune that gives me that same vibe. But fans of Chris Brown insist FORTUNE is a great album. Must not be too bad, it’s still #1.
- Chris Brown Graffiti Debuts At #7 On Charts; Sold 102,489 Copies In Firsrt Week
- Alicia Keys ‘Girl On Fire’ Is #1; Sells 159,000 Units
- Justin Timberlake’s “1 Million Sold” Speaks Louder Than Kanye’s Tantrum
- Kelly Rowland Here I Am Debuts At #3 On The Charts
- Mary J Blige Album Stronger Debuts At #2; Susan Boyle Still Killing Them