Here’s a reminder that we need to stop and think, in the midst of anger over the Trayvon Martin shooting. Director Spike Lee took to Twitter last night to apologize for retweeting a tweet which contained the rumored address of George Zimmerman, the self appointed neighborhood watchman who shot and killed 17 year old Trayvon Martin.
If he didn’t know before, I hope he knows now that you can’t just trust everything you read on the internet. ESPECIALLY Twitter. Besides, what did he think he was doing by retweeting it and sharing it with his followers in the first place? Vigilante justice played a part in the killing of Trayvon and it’s definitely not the way to handle Zimmerman. So, whose address did he actually publish?
The address is for the home of elderly couple Elaine and David McClain, who have a son named William George Zimmerman, of no relation. The couple has had to leave their home after receiving death threats. SMH
- Trayvon Martin Update: His Last Phone Call To Teenage Girl; Grand Jury Set For April 10th
- So If Someone Kills Goerge Zimmerman Would That Be Self-Defense, Too? Justice For Trayvon Martin…
- PICS: George Zimmerman’s Bloody Head; Plus Bond Set At $150,000
- George Zimmerman Skinny In New Mug-Shot…
- Zimmerman Trial Juror B-29: “Trial Ruined My Life”