It was a HUGE night for the cast of “The Help” as cast members swept the 18th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards.
The cast walked away with the most highly coveted award of the night, Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture.
Don Cheadle presented Octavia Spencer with her first SAG Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role for her role as Minny Jackson. She dedicated her award “to the downtrodden, the undeserved, the unprivileged and overtaxed, whether emotionally, psychically or financially.”
In what some might consider an upset, Viola Davis was voted best among her peers for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role. She looked stunning in her Marchesa gown as she accepted her award. She shared that she wanted to be an actor since the age of 8 and that in this industry there comes a lot of rejection, but it was the work of Meryl Streep that inspired her while she was in college. Ironically, it was Streep-who stated in her SAG Award acceptance speech three years prior for the movie Doubt, in which she co-starred with Viola-“[to] the gigantically gifted Viola Davis — my God, somebody give her a movie!”
Of course, we can’t talk awards show without red carpet fashion.
Check out more red carpet photos from the SAG Awards…
Who were your HITS or MISSES of the night?
Start with our HITS of the night…
…and our misses of the night…
Agree of Disagree?
- 84th Academy Awards: Viola Goes Natural; Esperanza Spalding Charms; Silence Speaks Volume; Octavia Spencer WINS!!!
- 69th Annual Golden Globes: Idris Elba, Paula Patton, Mary J Blige, Octavia Spencer, Viola Davis
- Let’s Discuss: Does Wendy Williams Hate Natural Hair?
- Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer Step Out at the 3rd Annual Governors Awards + Lost & Found: Kim Wayans
- Iman Is The First Black Woman To Receive CFDA Fashion Icon Award