Remember back in 2009 when Jamie Foxx hosted the BET Awards? He happened to do a skit featuring his old In Living Color character favorite Wanda and Martin Lawrence‘s Sheneneh in a movie called Skank Robbers. Well, it turns out that that skit actually became a working movie. Tyler Perry joined in with Jamie and Martin, bringing his Madea character in the mix, making it pretty much the trifecta of “men playing women” characters.
According to TMZ, an Oklahoma prisoner by the name of Shamont Lyle Sapp is suing Tyler and Jamie for stealing his idea.
According to the docs, Shamont had the idea to unite the three characters in one film — but his version wasn’t a comedy about bank robbers … it was a drama about a mental hospital.
The lawsuit encapsulates Sapp’s idea — “A male white mental patient takes Madea hostage … He deals with phone calls from the negotiators, as Madea actually pleads for her life in a very sad tear-jerking way … Her pleas are to be very sad. No jokes at all.”
I mean…prisoners get to pitch movie ideas to people? And file lawsuits?? Well, it seems as if Mr. Sapp was losing in this case even before he really got started. He forgot one important bit of information…
Looks like a bogus suit … Foxx and Martin did a “Skank Robbers” sketch for the BET Awards in 2009 … which aired a month before Sapp even pitched his idea to Perry
- Spike Lee Jealous Of Tyler Perry Success; Tyler Perry Responds
- Watch This: Tyler Perry’s A Madea Christmas Movie Trailer
- Watch This: Tyler Perry’s Trailer For ‘Temptation’ Starring Kim Kardashian & Jurnee Smollett-Bell
- Good Deeds:Tyler Perry Stars In New Movie With Thandie Newton
- Message From Tyler Perry: Madea Under Attack! – No Joke