Kanye West album debuts at #1 taking the top spot over Nicki Minaj who came in at #2 with impressive first week sales. Kanye West actually did slighter better than projected with limited marketing, and no major hits off the album, which goes to show people are thirsty for originality and talent. Hit Daily Double is reporting that My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy sold 518,775 albums in one week, pushing Taylor Swift down to the #3 spot.
Nicki Minaj team projected she would move 400,000 units in first week sales, and she almost hit the target. Final sales reports for Pink Friday shows that Nicki Minaj debut album sold 371,049 copies. Not bad!
- Rihanna’s Unapologetic Is #1; Sells 240,000 Units First Week
- Rihanna To Perform Half-Time NBA All-Stars; Nicki Minaj #1 Again
- Nick Minaj Sells 251K Units Of Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded; Takes #1 Spot
- Justin Timberlake’s “1 Million Sold” Speaks Louder Than Kanye’s Tantrum
- PHOTOS: Nicki Minaj In Concert In Times Square