Essence Magazine caught up with Gabrielle Union after their 40th anniversary Fierce and Fabulous Awards Luncheon the other day. Gabrielle admitted that she needed help finding her way in the industry and found help by going to a therapist.
When Essence Magazine asks Gabrielle how she mutes all the negativity in her life, she responds:
UNION: A lot of therapy. Ron Artest and I sing the praises of therapy. Sometimes you get in your own way and your fear of failure; your fear of your childhood hurts comes back to influence your decisions. All that gets in the way of progress and your own beauty and your own accomplishments and capabilities. And once you get to [asking] ‘why are you so fearful?’ and you can acknowledge it, deal with it and then let it go. You’re free to be fierce and fabulous.
When asked what makes her fierce and fabulous?
UNION: The fact that I don’t care. I literally don’t try to be a slave to any trend or anyone’s opinion. I truly just don’t care. I follow my own beat to my own drum and usually it works out.
It’s cool that Gabrielle feels comfortable to tell the public that she goes to therapy. A lot of celebrities try to hide the fact because so that people won’t start rumors that their crazy. Read the rest short interview here.
- Essence Magazine’s 40th Anniversary Fierce And Fabulous Awards Luncheon: Naomi Campbell, Kerry Washington, La La Vasquez, Gabrielle Union and More
- OMG! Gabrielle Union Is Sexy In Her Underwear With A Double Butt
- Party Like A Rock Star: Gabrielle Union
- Gabrielle Union & White Paparazzi
- Sexy Couple Dwyane Wade & Gabrielle Union Cover ESSENCE