UPDATE: Surprise, surprise! Rihanna’s camp say the rumors are absolutely false. There is no reconciliation with Chris Brown. (I think the “anonymous” source gave it away)…
According to Heat Magazine, Rihanna and Chris Brown reportedly had a phone conversation shortly after his BET Awards performance, you know the one where he cried. I can’t confirm the validity of these statements because the source is obviously not named, but here are the details straight from MTV UK:
The Te Amo singer, who was assaulted by Brown before last years Grammy Awards is said to have spoken to Chris [Brown] over the telephone.
A source told Heat Magazine: “It’s been almost a year since they last spoke, but Rihanna felt like she could try to be friends with Chris again. Seeing how emotional he was on set [at the BET Awards] really touched her. She’d never seen him like that before.”
They added: “Chris told her that he felt like he’s grown up in the past year. He’s said he’s so happy to be back in touch with her.”
“They were each other’s first love and he’s missed her so much. Rihanna knows that if he wanted him back, he’d be there in a second.”
That would be sweet if they could reconcile, but move on in different directions.
- BET Awards Leak: Chris Brown Slated For Surprise Performance AT BET Awards 2010
- Chris Brown Talks Oprah In VIBE; Chris Brown Album In Stores Today
- Rihanna On The Cover Of Elle Magazine–Talks About New Boyfriend And Ex Chris Brown
- Did Chris Brown & Rihanna Get Married In Miami?!?
- PROOF: Rihanna & Chris Brown Are Back Together, Again!?!