Uh Oh, this won’t be fun. Naomi Campbell received a gift over 10 years ago, and she will have to explain it now. Back in 1997, Naomi Campbell received a “diamond” from warlord and former Liberian President, Charles Taylor at a party that was thrown at Nelson Mandela’s home. Let me introduce you to the notorious President Taylor. Taylor is on trial at The Hague (international criminal court) for crimes against humanity and for a bloody campaign he waged in Sierra Leone involving blood diamonds from 1997 to 2001.
Actress, Mia Farrow (also a humanitarian) has said that Naomi personally told Farrow that she received the precious stone from Taylor. Apparently, it was a “huge” and “uncut” diamond. Naomi has refused to help the courts, so now they’re forcing her to speak up. Back in April, when asked about the diamond, Naomi snapped,” I didn’t receive a blood diamond and I’m not going to speak about that.” Um, yeah you are.
- Naomi Campbell Rocks An “Afro” – Sporting A Natural Look With NeNe
- Tyra Banks, Naomi Campbell Visit Cirque Du Soleil’s Michael Jackson Immortal Tribute
- Photos: 25 Years Of Naomi Campbell In Fashion Is Celebrated In Italy
- Naomi Campbell Works The Run Way In Milan
- Naomi Campbell Drinks And Dances With Boyfriend For The 4th In St. Tropez