Part II: Hear it Straight From Them: “Why do Men Cheat?”
“A man’s guilt extends as far as the pain he causes his lover, NOT in the actions. If the deed never comes to light, then neither does the remorse or the incentive to not do it again.”
Instead of saturating the little space that I have with my own commentary, here’s a straight up list of the top 15 reasons why men say they cheat. What’s more important in this piece is that you all share your thoughts on their reasons. So, leave a comment and we’ll discuss it.
In no particular order:
1. “In my opinion, I think that a lot of men are as faithful as their options. Tiger Woods the pro golfer/billionaire had access to almost any and everything he wanted, including a lot of women throwing themselves at him…hence more options.” I believe that’s why you find a lot of politicians, athletes, musicians and people with money (power) cheating more.
2. “In many ways, I think men are predisposed to cheating because of our biology. Men can reproduce far more frequently than women, so there’s this primordial impulse to spread our seed. Women on the other hand are born with all the eggs they’ll ever have and thus far more selective in choosing a mate.”
3. “I needed something to stroke my ego and she wasn’t doing it anymore…I turned to my options.”
4. “The reasons men cheat are as varied as the women they cheat on. While no two cases are exactly alike, I think that it is safe to say that men cheat for the same reason women do: because they’re unhappy.”
5. “In my lil’ Nigerian opinion, men cheat cause they WANT TO. Period.”