I had to come out with my ace card this week. I was trying to hold off on the good stuff, but MsMarvalus always comes out swinging, and Regina puts it down with three videos. So this week I had to think outside the box and come strong.
You don’t know about this man or this video…
[coolplayer width="480" height="380" autoplay="0" loop="0" charset="utf-8" download="0" mediatype=""] I Need Love
This man was a gentle giant, and this video takes me back to the time of bike shorts and British Knights. I hope everyone had a jam box with double deck tape player. If you don’t know you better ask some body.
[coolplayer width="480" height="380" autoplay="0" loop="0" charset="utf-8" download="0" mediatype=""] Just A Friend
1. Singer Mario caught kissing his dance partner Karina Smirnoff, from Dancing with the Stars. According to witnesses, “They were making out by the valet with their hands all over each other, and he was whispering in her ear. It was around midnight, so there weren’t many people around.” The two then got in the same car and drove off together with Mario at the wheel. [Source] She got a thing for men named Mario, Karina is still linked to Mario Lopez of Saved by the Bell.
2. Mary J Blige will be neighbors to Rev Run and Ja Rule. Mary J just purchased a house in Saddle River, NJ for $12.3 Million. The house was originally priced at $17 Million, so Mrs. Mary got a investment deal. The French country manor has eight-bedrooms on 4.2 acres with a 14-seat movie theater, a fitness center, a basketball court, an elevator, a gourmet kitchen, eight bathrooms, a spiral staircase and a wine tasting room. [Source]
3. TI will serve jail time for conspiring to purchase firearms as a felon. TI consented to the charges in a plea deal that leaves him serving jail time. TI will serve one year in federal prison after completing 1500 hours of community service – speaking to the hazards of gun. He will also pay $100,000 in fines, and will serve one year in-home detention. I still think he was set-up. I know in order to be set-up you have to do something wrong, but the whole thing was shady from the jump.
4. Remy Ma was handcuffed and lead out of a Manhattan courtroom crying and weeping after being found guilty of shooting a friend. According Remy Ma’s defense, the gun was shot by accident in the direction of her friend accused of stealing $3000. Their defense was: it was an accident? I would file suit against my lawyer for that dumb defense. I almost feel sorry for her.
This is wrong, and as I write it, I know it’s wrong. We shouldn’t encourage the breakdown of black families, but I have to report this story because it’s to juicy to ignore, and inquiring minds want to know. Tameka caught an attitude when she found out the love interest in Usher’s video, hand picked by Usher, was none other than the singer Keri Hilson (pictured below). According to Page Six:
Foster was “domineering” and displayed her trademark “Tameka wrath” during a video shoot for Usher’s new song, “Love in the Club,” the weekend of March 15 in LA.
Our on-set source said Foster was upset when she found out stunning singer/songwriter Keri Hilson was personally picked by Usher to play his love interest in the video.
“It was supposed to be a sexy video shoot,” our spy said. “And Tameka was there the entire time guarding like a watchdog. It was ridiculous – she knows Keri and knows she’s no video ho or KarrineSteffans.” Steffans, nicknamed “Superhead,” wrote the book, “Video Vixen,” about her alleged flings with Usher and several other artists.
“Tameka is very insecure,” our source said. “Even in rehearsals she was weird and clearly not happy that Keri is so gorgeous. Tameka threw a lot of attitude. The day of the shoot, Tameka dressed Keri very badly – she looked like an extra. Tameka wouldn’t let Keri have her hairdresser there – she had to use the hairdresser who was doing the extras.”
Foster also took a dislike to Usher’s longtime choreographer, Jamaica, and banned her from the set. When Usher and Foster were spotted at the Beverly Hills Hotel last week, “They barely said one word to each other,” we’re told.
But of course there is three sides to every story, his side, their side, and the truth. According to Usher and his reps, “Keri could not have been happier with Tameka’s choices in the styling, hair and makeup . . . Jamaica was flown out and arrived a day late to do Keri’s choreography, and was on-set at all times. The shoot itself went brilliantly.”
Hillary Clinton is behind in the popular vote, the delegate vote, and she is losing her lead amongst Super delegates. The time has come for us to pick a leader to represent the Democratic party. I know not everyone agrees that Barack Obama should be our choice, but fair is fair and he is leading the party while playing by the rules. The rules should be upheld and not changed to favor one candidate over the other. I do feel the delegates in Michigan and Florida should be seated, but I don’t thinks it’s fair to us who followed the rules, that Florida and Michigan get to decide the election after breaking the rules. All the candidates agreed to the rules, including Hillary, and we shouldn’t change it now. Barack Obama’s name wasn’t on the ballot in Michigan, which certainly doesn’t ring fair. Each candidate comes with their share of issues, but it’s time to work on the strategy for the general election to ensure a republican defeat. If you feel the same way, here are some steps you can take:
1. First, sign the petition
2. Make contact with the DNC, and even Hillary Clinton’s office to let them know your stance. It can be as simple as sending an email with a link to the petition, saying that this is your stance; or whatever you want it to be.
3. Contact superdelegates that represent you with the same message. Superdelegates include democratic congressmen and governors.
The Democratic National Committee:
Democratic National Committee
430 S. Capitol St. SE
Washington, DC 20003
1. Jason Rae, husband of British singer Corrine Bailey Rae, was found dead in an apartment in Leeds England, of a possible overdose. The cause of death will not be confirmed until the toxicology report is released from the coroner’s office, but cops suspect drugs were the cause of death. The couple met in a jazz club and married in 2001. My heart goes out to Corrine, I couldn’t imagine what that would be like. Prayers out to Corrine and family.
2. According to published reports Atlanta’s favorite teen idol, Soulja Boy, got assaulted by a young kid while out on tour recently. A 12 year-old boy was taken into custody Wednesday night for throwing a rock through the windshield of Soulja Boy’s tour bus. When asked why he committed such a heinous act. The kid told arresting officers, “I hate Soulja Boy.” [Source] These kids today need a whooping, a good old fashion wet switch butt-whooping.
3. According to TMZ, a married Mike Epps is the target of a paternity lawsuit. A Georgia woman is suing the actor/comedian over paternity of her 3 month old child. The paternity test was filed in February and Mike Epps has yet to comply. Randy Kessler, lawyer of the Georgia woman, says they wanted to handle the matter privately, but Epps refuses to cooperate, “We are not asking for the moon, we are just asking him to take a paternity test.”
4. Tyra Banks has a stalker, yes, a stalker. Brady Green, 37, has hounded Banks with multiple letters and phone calls since early January, cops and prosecutors said. [Source] Green caught a bus from Dublin, GA to NY, demanding to see Tyra. According to Fox News, “Green was carrying a large duffel bag stuffed with magazine write-ups about Banks and notes to himself about his various attempts to reach her.”