According to MTV News, Randy Hubbard Parker was found dead over the weekend in his apartment in Atlanta. My heart goes out to his family and they are definitely in my prayers. Below is an excerpt from the article:
Simone Parker, KRS-One’s wife and Randy’s mother, said Tuesday (July 10) in a statement that her son’s death was related to “severe depression.” The family is planning a private memorial service in Florida on July 18, which would have been Randy’s 24th birthday. Plans for an August memorial service in New York are under way.
The Fulton County Medical Examiner’s office said Parker died on Friday from a gunshot wound to the head, and listed the cause of death as suicide.
KRS-One was on tour overseas with producer Marley Marl and was not available for comment at press time, but the statement conveyed his and Simone Parker’s appreciation to everyone who has offered condolences.
A private memorial will be held for Parker on July 18, on what would have been his 24th birthday. A New York memorial service is soon to follow.
- Janet Jackson & Jermaine Dupri: It’s Over!
- The Lost & Found Event Of The Year: Bishop Don Juan, Paula Jai Prker, Guy Torry, Clifton Powell, New York
- Was Timbaland’s Suicide Scare Related To The Anniversary Of Aaliyah’s Death?
- Paris Jackson Rushed To Hospital After Suicide Attempt!!!
- Happy 21st Birthday Chris Brown – Pop Champagne